K-Meleon 1.6.0 beta 2.4
1) Re-compiled privacy.dll file has function 'ClearHistory' working
from all menu locations. No change to C++ code was needed. Guenter
did a new compile.
2) Spell checking is better integrated in the accelerators and menus.
No longer need spelltest.kmm file. We have the source code and that
code says it is in the public domain.
1) Includes spell checking and word suggestions
2) Revised troubleshooting for spelling and bug fixes
with capability policy preferences. Items like “Send page as
a link” will now work if the default capability policy for
4) Add option to “Reset Zoom” for pages where the zooming was
done with zoom.kmm. Reset of zooming by mousewheel is still
Begin with the official KM 1.6.0 beta2 7zip file. Extract to a test folder.
Use Syncback to update the test folder with the new Gecko engine. (126.96.36.199)
Add the spelltest.dll file to the kplugins folder.
Replace embed.jar file in chrome folder with updated file.
Replace troubleshooting.kmm with updated file.
Replace main.kmm with updated file.
Replace zoom.kmm with updated file.
Made updates to menus.cfg and accel.cfg
Edit the readme.html file to change beta2 to beta 2.4.
Verify that compreg.dat and xpti.dat do not exist in components.
Used 7Zip to create the new archive file. K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot4_en-US.7z