the tabs
Posted by: mike
Date: September 06, 2010 04:58AM

hie there. i need a little help to set up the tabs, so i can se them side by side.
i tryed to find it, but english aint my best. so ive had some trouble to find the location where i can change the set up, ?

Re: the tabs
Posted by: siria
Date: September 06, 2010 08:04AM

Hi Mike,
Edit > Preferences (F2) > Browsing/Tabbed Browsing
There are 2 "pref pages", check both for options.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 06, 2010 08:07AM

F2 -> Tabbed Browsing. Or Right Click on Tabs and then go to Options.

I do not understand what You exactly want to do.
You have to explain or experiment Yourself.

Some things about tabs (I never found or learned myself) from an interesting thread.

siria
E.g. this tab-handling, that they can be dragged around to switch positions, can be double- or middle-clicked to close, and something I just discovered today, quite by accident, drag-n-dropping a tab into the browser window reloads it! That is, the page of the "dragged" tab will open and reload in the current page where it is "dropped".

BTW. Most people here do not speak English - e.g. I speak German.
Greetings to DK

Greetings to siria in De also - who answered/posted while I was still writing smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 08:09AM by guenter.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: September 06, 2010 09:55AM

Hi, mike,

or is this what you're looking for? The K-Meleon equivalent of Firefox' "SplitScreen" is called "juxtaposer".

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: mike
Date: September 06, 2010 05:20PM

Thanks for the ansher, ive ogt it worked out. cool

thx to all for your anshers. and sorry the bad english. hehe well we found a way anyway to work it out.

Date: September 06, 2010 06:49PM

Great Mike. No need to excuse for your english, it's perfect except for the speedy typos, and besides this is a pure Danish-Germans thread, LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: heroze
Date: September 06, 2010 11:14PM

siria
Hi Mike,
Edit > Preferences (F2) > Browsing/Tabbed Browsing
There are 2 "pref pages", check both for options.
Once this is set, is there something that needs to be done to make the Preferences load the next time KM loads? Right now, i get things running the way I want, and the next time I start, all is back to default. ?? =Vic

Posted by: heroze
Date: September 06, 2010 11:18PM

sorry /... running 1.5.4 on Win7

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 07, 2010 01:26AM

@ herose

Can you check to see if you have write authority to the location where your profile is stored. KM not keeping prefs after restart problem sounds like you might not have write authority.

Date: September 07, 2010 07:53AM

The current profile folder you find in
Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory
and you must step one or two levels higher, then allow yourself writing into the "Profiles" folder.
Search a bit in the forum for profiles and writing rights, it's full with such stuff :-/
Perhaps you have accidentally chosen the portable version at setup, which stores the profiles inside the programs/K-Meleon folder. That can be reversed if you remove the file "profile.ini" (not profileS.ini!), and restart. Don't forget to close the loader too before restarting. Ah yes, and on some systems there seems to be even a windows restart needed, to get past such security restrictions....

Posted by: HeRoze
Date: September 07, 2010 11:39AM

Thx - I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. I'm NOT running the portable version, and this is the first instance of write issues I've had. Should be interesting. I'll be much happier when all my prefs re-appear. Having my homepage stay will be a big ++.

It does sound like a write issue, and thanks for responding so I didn't keep searching for some quirk within k-meleon. Oh, I did search the forum quite a bit before posting, but searched on Preferences Save and the like smiling smiley

I'll post again if I find anything worth sharing with other KM noobs.

Best regards,
=Vic

Posted by: HeRoze
Date: September 07, 2010 11:08PM

That was the ticket! Thanks all.

I went to Edit/Configuration/Profile Directory
That pulled up Explorer, so I right clicked on the K-Meleon parent folder, then Properties/Security and Edited the permissions for Users, giving Users Full Control.

This is fine for me since I'm the sole user on this computer who would screw something up.

It is niiiice to have my homepage and tabs work the way I want.

Date: September 08, 2010 10:27AM

Great - finally someone who knows how to give himself folder permissions!! grinning smiley
Man, that's rare, you wouldn't believe how many people never 'master' this, if I look at all the 'bugs' posted in this forums :-/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.