General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
some things i need help on please
Posted by: efosb
Date: November 25, 2004 01:17AM

im sure these have been covered somewhere in the forum but i cant find them (the k-meleon forum REALLY needs to be updated with maybe phpbb2 or something that has a better search funtion) but if you know, please post a link or let me know. sorry. what im trying to do is get my "old" k-meleon back (the one i customised in the past but lost due to hard drive failure).

things i need to know:
* load bookmark links in same tab (instead of opening in new tab)

* i need a VERY minimalistic theme. i want the most screenspace i can have. my res is 1024x768 with a 15" monitor. ive got the buttons and menus right but all the g raphics i see are just too big for me, is this a prob with km itself or a theme issue?

* is there a way to "toggle" the menus (file, edit, etc) so that i can hide them when i dont use them and toggle them back when i want it. i dont use the menus often enough to warrent having them visible at all times but i use them enough to not get rid of them completely.

* is there a way to hide the title bar (with the title and minimise, maximise and close buttons) while still keeping the task bar visible?

* is there a way to stop the very annoying flicker that happens when u switch from a loading tab to a loaded tab? this is very very annoying because it sometimes closes the WHOLE browser by accident when im only trying to close a single tab.

* when making a theme, is it possible to make the scrollbar a certain color? or can this be done seperate of the theme?

thanks for ANY help. i GREATLY appriciate it. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some things i need help on please
Date: November 25, 2004 01:52AM

i forgot to mention, is there a way to also increase the favorites menu width?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 25, 2004 03:23AM

Some of your above requests are easier to achieve if you download the latest beta. There's an "Options" button in the toolbars file that you can enable which acts as a compact menu when you right-click it(most of the buttons have right-click menus). That'll allow you to hide the menu completely. It also comes with the more minimalist IE Based Klassic theme which may be more to your liking. Just switch to that theme in preferences.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=19584&t=19584

* is there a way to hide the title bar (with the title and minimise, maximise and close buttons) while still keeping the task bar visible?

Yes & No. Not while keeping the taskbar visible.

* when making a theme, is it possible to make the scrollbar a certain color? or can this be done seperate of the theme?

You'd have to get into modifying the chrome I believe. It also wouldn't be specific to the theme...the scrollbars would always look a certain way if you modify the browser. So short answer is not easily. There is a way but I've never tried to. Someone may post how to.

Date: November 25, 2004 09:50PM

thanks for the info, and yes i know i have weird requests, lol

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.