General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
IE Tab extension for Kmeleon 1.6
Posted by: gman2083
Date: March 25, 2010 01:20PM

Is there an updated version of IE Tab for K-meleon 1.6? The only version I know of {1.2.0.20061103} is only compatible with 1.5 and under.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE Tab extension for Kmeleon 1.6
Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 25, 2010 01:33PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/ietabKM-1.6.7z
remeber to reregister components

Date: March 25, 2010 01:35PM

Thanks a lot!

Date: March 25, 2010 03:05PM

How about the adblock plus extension? I tried the version 1.02, but after installing, ab plus is nowhere to be found. The CSS ad-blocking works pretty good, but not as effecively as AB Plus.

Date: March 25, 2010 10:24PM

there's no adblockplus for 1.6 yet, wladimir palant(author of adblock plus) is working on a version for 1.6 (gecko 1.9.x) and should be available when official 1.6 is released

Posted by: Chinaski
Date: March 28, 2010 10:48AM

Is there any IE Tab extension for 1.5.4 aswell?

Date: March 28, 2010 11:14AM

you can use the same extension..it works with both 1.6 and 1.5 (but not 1.1.x)
if installing manually(extracting 7z in kmeleon's folder) you must delete those 2 files in kmeleon\components folder:
compreg.dat
xpti.dat
restart kmeleon
send page to or send link to>trident render

using the extension manager will automatically register newly added components so you don't have to delete compreg and xpti..alternatively there is an installable ietab(exe), you can download it from geckozone
http://extensions.geckozone.org/KMES-IEtabEn

Date: March 28, 2010 11:19AM

Thank you very much. I have done this manually but i dont see any Tab in the userbar that would enable me to switch to IE and back to KM again. Am i missing something?

Date: March 28, 2010 11:22AM

you have to right click on the page(or right click on a link) and select send page or send link to> then a popup menu will open, select trident render from this menu

remeber you must delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat from kmeleon\components folder and restart the browser otherwise the extension will not work

if you're still having problems, try installing using alain's installable exe from geckozone

Date: March 28, 2010 11:24AM

when the extension is working properly, check the ietab supplement extension from
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext5.htm
it adds more options to ietab and menus to open in kmtab and disable flash and js in ietab

Date: March 28, 2010 11:35AM

Hell this is nothing but outstanding! Great service, thanks for your support, KM was the best anyway but now with this IE Tab option its unbeatable.

Merci mon ami smiling smiley

Date: March 29, 2010 08:46PM

Sorry guys but i have another little question. When i click on "Trident Render" why does the page linke start with something like "chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url..."

Why chrome??? I mean i feel like yesterday it was not beginning with chrome and the buttons on my page looked differently.

Is something going wrong there?

Date: March 30, 2010 09:21PM

no that's normal, you just didn't notice it before. in firefox the chrome address bit is hidden.. kmeleon is a democratic project with more transparency so chrome addresses are never hidden grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.