Re: Can't compose mail in Yahoo!
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 04, 2007 07:27PM

Yahoo web mail needs JavaScript. Popups can be blocked.
Exensions such as NoScript may interfere, decativate them if.

Attachments should be done with one, single upload.

I mostly use old Yahoo mail - which is faster.
Beta mails needs that K-Meleon identifies as e. g. Firefox.

If You have persistent problems use a new K-Meleon profile.

Posted by: saroj pandey
Date: September 18, 2007 08:20PM

Dear Sir

I have no option for composing the mail in my mail window.

Pl. do favour to solve this problem of mine.

with regards

Saroj P.

Posted by: saroj pandey
Date: September 18, 2007 08:21PM

saroj pandey
Dear Sir

with regards

Saroj P.

Posted by: Marlena
Date: November 18, 2007 11:38PM

Could the problem be the browser? I was using yahoo mail in safari browser (which is where I believe I set it up) until I transferred to Firefox and tried to access my yahoo email account. I am able to receive and read messages but I can't seem to be able to compose and send any. I am trying to figure out what the problem is but since this has occurred since I changed browsers, I have naturally enough assumed that this might be the problem but then maybe it's just that I'm not IT literate! Good luck. Let me know if you find a solution.
Marlena

Posted by: Marlena
Date: November 18, 2007 11:40PM

P.S. to previous email. Could you try using a different browser and opening a new yahoo account>

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 19, 2007 06:43AM

I don't understand why all this people have problems with yahoo mail.
I'm use yahoo mail with K-Melon an run better than Firefox (in Firefox i can't add attachements i don't know why). I'm using yahoo Normal mail (not new beta) and K-Meleon 1.1.2 with out none special configuration (all by default).

I only can says that you can tried to do this (in order of test):
Accept cookies.
Enable Javascript.
Change User Agent string (Browser identity).
Create a new profile.
Reinstall and try with default config.

Good luck.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: G RENUKA
Date: November 19, 2007 10:25AM

Pl repy

Date: November 19, 2007 02:49PM

Marlena
P.S. to previous email. Could you try using a different browser and opening a new yahoo account>

Yes.

You need a fairly new Firefox for beta mail.

Best use old yahoo mail - which is faster and more stable.

& greetings to the green island

Posted by: keith hacker
Date: November 30, 2007 06:40PM

"compose" function in yahoo mail (not Beta) when using Firefox browser stopped working recently. The toolbar does not appear, nor the box for entering text.

Date: November 30, 2007 10:44PM

I have sent test mails with k-emelon yesterday and today.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?1,76078

I assume Your yahoo server/profile or Your Firefox have a problem.
Some yahoo mail servers or yahoo mail profiles must definitely have problems.
PPL have problems come here often. Far too many for coincidence.

Posted by: joe from the other 'can't compose' th
Date: December 01, 2007 02:33AM

tawanda
i was having the same problem with yahoo mail try going to options in your mail screen. go to management then general preferences. go down to mode and change your setting to compose as plain text then scroll to the botom of page and save. this will bring back your compose box. the problem i had after that is not being able to send the message it doesn't say message sent after i compose. so if you can help me with that is will appreciate it. i hope this helps you out.

Changing it to Plain Text and saving fixed the Compose problem. Yahoo said 'message sent' after I clicked on 'send'. I didn't have this problem with earlier versions of K-Meleon. But Yahoo Mail is working again so I can't complain! Thanks.

Posted by: javed
Date: December 12, 2007 08:17PM

how can i solve this problem anybody can help me?

Posted by: Don
Date: December 15, 2007 06:23AM

I am having a similar problem. I use webmailcompose firefox plug-in (my ONLY plug-in). I was used to clicking on any highlighted mailto:yourname@yourhost URL on any web page, and being take to Yahoo! Classic (not beta) mail, with the yourname@yourhost typed into the "To:" field.

Ever since Yahoo changed over to have a drop-down "From:" box with name selections, it doesn't work any more ...

I had come to depend upon WebmailCompose's ability to select text anywhere on any web page, and right-clicking and using webmail compose to go to the Yahoo mailer and compose a message with that recipient. Big cut & paste time saver. The old Yahoo compose URL used to be :

http ://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?To=^T&Subject=^S&Body=^M&Cc=^C&Bcc=^B

I think they've changed it but I don't know the new string. My webmailcompose is still working fine (hint : I have retargetted some of the mailers to go to an arbitrary URL without args [Enable Hotmail: ^T], and go to any ebay auction [enable Netscape: http ://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=^T]

Where does someone find out the new syntax for composing yahoo emails ?? Thanx.

- Don

Posted by: rishikesh
Date: January 01, 2008 05:49PM

Date: January 01, 2008 06:25PM

All the recent complaints about the compomsing problem come from the Indian subcontinent - I assume one or more yahoo mail servers there do have a problem.

I am afraid only yahoo can fix it - the problem is not browser related or K-Meleon specific.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2008 12:03PM by guenter.

Posted by: ruchika
Date: January 02, 2008 06:05PM

I cant compose or attach files pls do favor to me.

Date: January 05, 2008 08:37AM

I can't compose or attach files. Please do the needfull.
Thank you

Date: January 07, 2008 12:10AM

please advice about this issue as soon as possible.

Date: January 07, 2008 01:53AM

Dear Danjay Malla Reddy and other ppl with Yahoo mail problems,

Users and moderators at the K-Meleon Forums can do absolutely nothing to debug or enhance Yahoo's mail service.

The PPL with recent complains about Yahoo mail service come with Indian or other IP that can be traced to the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre IP range.

Only Yahoo own service personal can fix Yahoo mail service and servers in this and other regions - the problem is not browser related or K-Meleon specific.

Yahoo always bared browsers with Gecko engines that are not Firefox or SeaMonkey from new Yahoo Beta Mail. For this reason the K-Meleon Forums at Source Forge have three threads that are answering FAQs about how to get Yahoo mail service for K-Meleon.

Yahoo Mail users were advised to set K-Meleon's User Agent String to pretend that a new Firefox asks for service with Yahoo. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 or newer are ideally suited. Yahoo's service personal is cordially invited to visit the Gecko is Gecko site for advice on Gecko engine and how to solve this severe Yahoo Gecko bug in Yahoo Beta (new) Mail.

Recently additional PPL have problems and come here more often and with new types of problems. The number of posters is far too high for coincidence. The complains are about broken Yahoo mail service.

Yahoo's mail program at the server level seems erratic. Complaints contain but are not limited to: no login possible, no mail can be fetched or sent, or no files attached. Several browser versions and brands and not only K-Meleon or other Gecko browsers seem affected.

Thx for reading my post.
guenter

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 04:20AM by guenter.

Date: March 30, 2008 03:58AM

For the last few months the e-mail has been very slow. In coming e mail works ok albeit abit slow but the compose won't work at all and quite frustrating as have to revert back to snail mail or phone.

Love your finance program as kinda heavy in stocks. Sometimes drives me nuts when you revise every thing and takes me a while to make friends with it.

Paxton Riddle

Posted by: meera
Date: April 01, 2008 08:04PM

i cant compose or attach files. i dont konw what was the problem. i use the mail classic. when i open my compose page. my message box was disapper in its position. plse help me.

Posted by: joe
Date: April 02, 2008 12:48AM

Change from Rich Text to Plain Text and save.

Posted by: pramod
Date: April 10, 2008 02:59PM

Lizeth
I have an error in my compose because the little box to write the message is not there it doesn't come out ....and I can't e-mail anybody.

Date: April 16, 2008 09:59AM

saroj pandey
saroj pandey
Dear Sir

with regards

Saroj P.

Date: April 16, 2008 10:01AM

composing of message is not publishing .pls do the needful.

thanks

Posted by: sam
Date: April 16, 2008 10:39AM

joe from the other 'can't compose' th
tawanda
i was having the same problem with yahoo mail try going to options in your mail screen. go to management then general preferences. go down to mode and change your setting to compose as plain text then scroll to the botom of page and save. this will bring back your compose box. the problem i had after that is not being able to send the message it doesn't say message sent after i compose. so if you can help me with that is will appreciate it. i hope this helps you out.

Changing it to Plain Text and saving fixed the Compose problem. Yahoo said 'message sent' after I clicked on 'send'. I didn't have this problem with earlier versions of K-Meleon. But Yahoo Mail is working again so I can't complain! Thanks.

You ever wonder if it might be time to get a different webmail service?

Posted by: acd
Date: June 19, 2008 03:02PM

please solve my problem]

Posted by: T PERIASAMY
Date: August 20, 2008 03:25PM

While composing for yahoo new mail, plain text or Rich text is not appearing while using Safari browser only and thereby not able to format font size color etc.
Kindly advise solution

Posted by: varun
Date: August 21, 2008 06:27PM

HI THERE,

I'VE GOT A VERY WIERD PROBLEM WITH MY YAHOO MAIL ID FOR THE FIRST SINCE I AM USING IT FOR A LONG TIME,

WHEN I OPEN THE PAGE FOR COMPOSING THE MESSAGE,THE BOX FOR COMPOSING MESSAGE DOES NOT APPEAR AT ALL!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO AS IAM SUFFERING A LOT DUE TO THIS SNAG.

Date: August 22, 2008 12:13AM

T PERIASAMY
using Safari browser only and thereby not able to format font size color etc.

Sorry to hear that Safari browser also has problems but this is the K-Meleon browser Forum

T PERIASAMY
Kindly advise solution

Try with K-Meleon set User Agent to Firefox if You have these problems.

@Varun - yahoo.co.in seems to have 1 or more faulty configured mail server(s).
PPL in this forum can counsel on K-Meleon browser problem with yahoo mail service but we cannot repair yahoo's server settings.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.