General :  K-Meleon Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon. 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Can't compose mail in Yahoo!
Posted by: LB
Date: July 29, 2003 11:35AM

Dear forum:

I can't seem to compose mail while I'm at my yahoo email compose page. The cursor does not function within the compose field. It's almost as if the compose field is inactive. However, I went to the library and signed on the internet and could easily access the compose field while in IE. I'm wondering if I need some kind of plug in for K-Meleon, or is yahoo looking for IE only? I asked the yahoo folks if they knew what was up, and nobody offered any insight there. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks forum.
Your help has been great!
LB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't compose mail in Yahoo!
Posted by: SlideRule
Date: July 29, 2003 12:17PM

LB:

I use Yahoo email . . . and . . . have no problem in 'compose' mood with K-Meleon.

Don't know what it could be in your case . . . but . . . I have no such issues.

SlideRule

Posted by: hanna
Date: June 02, 2006 01:19PM

hey could you tell me how to compose mail in Yahoo?

Posted by: meryam
Date: June 20, 2006 08:12PM

i have error in my compose and i cant write anything on it

Posted by: Lizeth
Date: June 20, 2006 10:31PM

I have an error in my compose because the little box to write the message is not there it doesn't come out ....and I can't e-mail anybody.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 21, 2006 10:57PM

One thing to look for in any browser is to make sure that JavaScript is enabled as that is required for Yahoo Email to work. Can't duplicate your problem though on my system and I do use Yahoo email all the time.

N

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: June 21, 2006 11:25PM

I had a problem with yahoo before, I can compose but I can't send anything. Nobody seems to be able to help coz it could have been just me. I fixed it when I re-installed K-mel. Hope it works for others also........................

Date: June 23, 2006 12:00PM

kingsparrow,

Sounds like you had a corrupted install of some kind before. Glad to hear you worked it out with a reinstall of KM.

N

Date: June 23, 2006 01:42PM

well, the install was not corrupted, I guess I had so many versions of K-Meleon and it caused some conflicts, but it's something that a fresh install could correct in yahoo. I thought it was related to java ?

Date: June 26, 2006 07:09AM

kingsparrrow,

When you install the newere 1.0 betas or RCxxxxx versions of KM, IF you allow it to set up multiple profile capability (instead of single user), THEN you can confuse the browser. I personally like to have everything connected to K-Meleon located in the browser folder(s), not in a sub-folder located deep inside Windows' various data locations: in my case running W98se, that would be C:\windows\applications, but in NT, that would be somewhere deep inside C:\My Documents\ ???

N

Date: June 26, 2006 07:13AM

kingsparrow,

One of the tricks I've learned over time is to have worked real hard to have ONE very stable version of K-Meleon set up. So in order to make sure that version is not mucked up by any of my playing around with different versions, I make sure it is located in C:\program files\k-meleon. I then use WinZip to zip up that entire folder and all sub-folders that I have set up to make this thing work. I then have a backup of a working KM in case I make a mistake with one of the beta versions or windows decides to save something in the registry that conflicts with what I thought were my settings.

I am looking forward eagerly to running a K-Meleon 1.0 instead of K-Meleon 0.9.xxx.

I figure Dorian is only a couple RCs away from producing a release version of KM 1.0 and that will be a very, very good day!

<VBG>

N

Date: June 26, 2006 02:55PM

yes, I really like Dorian's K-Meleons simplicity. I just could not resist the many flavours of K-mel on the early beta stages. But I'm more careful now and would always go for a more stable build. Thanks for your advice ndebord.

Date: June 26, 2006 10:04PM

kingsparrow,

Right now I have nine versions of KM sitting around my hard drive to test! The one thing I do do now, after learning the hard way, is to make sure that I don't set up KM for multiple users. I don't much like fooling around with registry settings after the fact. Setting up KM in its own folders, complete with settings, is the better way to go IMO.

N

Date: June 27, 2006 12:35AM

ndebord

wow that's a lot. I have 5, all single profile. I still like Dorian's build. Even in the early years K-mel could go real fast without adblock and the extra bloat. I think i like it best striped down and more stable as we don't get to test all the features and by the time it's fixed a new version comes out with more bugs to fix. I somehow missed a new version of wald wolf.................

Date: June 28, 2006 08:34AM

kingsparrow,

I have all single profile installs, but from time to time, I allow KM to do multi-user capability installs, just to see where it stores its info on my computer (C:\windows\Applications and in the Registry). I then have to to use Regedit to remove the entries from the registry and delete the releveant sub-folders in windows just to keep from confusing even newer installs of KM experiments.

Adblock and NoScript are very nice features, but maintaining them properly is work. Which is why I like the Privacy bar toggle options so much...to steal a cliche baldly..."Click on, Click off!"

<VBG>

N

N

Posted by: Dan
Date: July 03, 2006 09:05AM

where do I find javascript to enable it????

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 03, 2006 10:32AM

Perferences and Pricavy bar in toolbars

Posted by: Ivana
Date: July 03, 2006 05:07PM

i cant compose message. there is an error on that page....what i sould do????please halp me....and same message i didnt get????whay is that so???

Posted by: Alice
Date: March 10, 2007 09:07PM

I have this problem for a few months. I found the only way I can compose is by using e-card. I also, got another e-mail service. I transferred my messages and addresses to my new service. Still trying to find a solution.

Date: March 11, 2007 07:36AM

I use www.yahoo.com mail for some things.

Old mail witout js.
Old mail with js.
Beta mail with js and spoofed browser id = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9.

Best for me = old mail with js - fast no real infringements.

No idea why Your PCs do only yahoo mail with problems.
Except perhaps idea = an entry in hosts.

Posted by: king3sparrow
Date: March 11, 2007 08:56AM

re-instal km, I did have problems before with yahoo............

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 11, 2007 09:35PM

Try with a new profile. Sometimes profile is corrupted and not work fine.
If this not run reinstall all program K-M.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: tawanda
Date: March 13, 2007 01:19AM

i was having the same problem with yahoo mail try going to options in your mail screen. go to management then general preferences. go down to mode and change your setting to compose as plain text then scroll to the botom of page and save. this will bring back your compose box. the problem i had after that is not being able to send the message it doesn't say message sent after i compose. so if you can help me with that is will appreciate it. i hope this helps you out.

Posted by: Plesh
Date: April 09, 2007 05:26AM

Thanks Tawanda! That worked!

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 10, 2007 12:48AM

You can try changed Agent string (Browser ID) for this;
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9
See also in this thread:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?1,69833

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 12:49AM by desga2.

Posted by: Trisha
Date: June 16, 2007 06:41AM

Mine doesnt work either when Im using internet explorer. I also cannot find my staionary bar when I compose through yahoo.If you find out how to fix any of these problems please let me know. Thankyou.

Date: June 16, 2007 09:03PM

@Trisha,
Yahoo needs JavaScript to work.
MSIE - got new safty rules after/with XP SP2 update.
You probably have disallowed active Content for Yahoo.
And that incluces JavaScript, Jscript, VB, applets...
You have to apply other safty policy for Yahoo.

Sorry to admit that I never bothered to find out how to change the settings after SP2 altered them - I only use IE when I am off line and test new lake applet pages.
I am using Yahoo with K-Meleon (mostly yahoo old mail not beta / since that is smaller ).

I have never encountered any serious problem - only the usual amount of hussle when servers are slow. It enoys me that they force me to spoof browser string.

regards

Posted by: heinrich
Date: June 18, 2007 12:37AM

have a similar problem with "web.de" and km 1.1. The E-Mail-windows of web.de for a new e-mail offers a "design-modus". In this modus I can't set the cursor in the text field.
I am not sure but normally i wrote in the second option the "text-modus". Unforetunately it is not possible to switch. With IE there is no problem to write
a text. Up to now I am using an E-Mail-Program that is installed on my pc in order to write new e-mails. but in the long run I think it's not a goog solution. I will try with a new installation to solve the problem.

Greetings
heinrich

Posted by: Donna Mooney
Date: September 04, 2007 10:14AM

I press the compose but nothing happens. I'm not very savvy with the computer but I have tried this many times and I cannot e.mail anyone....

Posted by: Donna Mooney
Date: September 04, 2007 10:18AM

need help..I went into compose but that is as far as it goes. It does not let me e.mail anyone.......

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.