General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Trouble viewing pics
Posted by: Susan
Date: January 18, 2010 01:00AM

I've been a K-Meleon user for a long time but recently have trouble viewing photos being posted in albums used on Kodak Gallery for example. Another example, are photos posted in a Meet-Up Group. Any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble viewing pics
Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 18, 2010 02:58AM

Check if "Block Images" has been unintentionally triggered. F9 toggles that preference so you might have clicked that by accident. Tools - Privacy

Posted by: siria
Date: January 18, 2010 05:38AM

Sounds like not all pics have vanished, only certain galleries? Can you give example links? Have you already tried faking the useragent to Firefox? And unblocking everything in Tools>Privacy?

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 18, 2010 12:07PM

Some adblock or noscript extension bad configurated?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 18, 2010 08:33PM

I have unblocked all in privacy and the problem persists. If I use IE, there is no problem.

Date: January 18, 2010 08:34PM

Block images was not triggered, but thanks for the tip.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 18, 2010 08:47PM

siria
Can you give example links?
Have you already tried faking the useragent to Firefox?
Tools>UserAgent : Choose Firefox

Another thing to try (although mostly such stuff is rather the fault of the webmaster and then only the fake useragent can help):
Edit > Manage Profiles > New, and then restart with the new profile.

Date: January 19, 2010 12:05AM

I did as you advised and still no solution to the problem. I also noticed that when I use Google maps, the map does not correlate with the directions. For example, asked directions to Suwannee River State Park in Florida and the map showed the United States and did not go to the specific area of the park.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 19, 2010 09:17PM

Google maps work fine to me.
Can you post some example link to show some photos posted in albums used on Kodak Gallery?

Are you check your Flash plugin version? Else is last version 10.0.42.34 try to update it.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 20, 2010 12:27AM

My flash plug in is the latest version. I don't think I can send a link to "albums in Kodak gallery" as you must be signed in. When I am signed in, there are no "views" of the pictures. There is an option of "Classic" (older version of Kodak gallery) and if I choose that, I can see all the pictures.

I have tried using Google maps again, and the directions in text are listed, but the map shows the United States. I did notice it also says "loading" but it usually times out. As I stated previously, all works if I use IE. Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Posted by: Dark Knight
Date: January 20, 2010 11:42PM

Susan, I do not know what is going on but when I use KMLite the Kodak
gallery works fine. I do not know if you are familiar with it. It is
just another type of K-Meleon. You could try this version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/332270213/KMLite_v1.1.2.zip.html
and this version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/285820095/setup-kronos.exe
Those links are from this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,91645
at the bottom of page 2.
Everyone on this forum is very helpful so please let us know if this
works out. If it does not then someone will probably have a workable
suggestion. smiling smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 12:24AM

I tried the different versions with no luck. I thought I may have had a corrupted file so I uninstalled and reinstalled KM and still am having the same problems. Thanks for your advice and help.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:03AM

I now have the maps in Google maps. What I did was change the settings in Page display to "load images - always" and "loop animated images - as many times as image specifies". I also unmarked "Disallow scripts". So far so good, if I can get my Kodak gallery to display correctly, all will be well. Thanks for everyone's advice and help.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:31AM

Addendum to previous message: The Kodak Gallery is now displaying photos. Once again, thanks to everyone for your advice and help.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.