General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Is There a way to
Posted by: dana1971
Date: January 08, 2010 05:13AM

I use KM in Default, and would like to keep it in Default for ALL sites Except Facebook. Is there a way when I open Facebook that I can get it (KM) to open using IE?? and if so, How do I do this??? I have IE in my Micro Extensions, but not sure how to set ONLY Facebook to open using it. Thanks for any help.

Dana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is There a way to
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 08, 2010 12:32PM

You can use the "Send To" menu option to send Facebook pages to IE.
Right in web page or link and select "Send To" -> Internet Explorer option in context menu.
Or right click in Go toolbar button "Send To" -> Internet Explorer option in context menu.

If you like URL autodetection you can make a macro similar to this:
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- Open Facebook in IE --------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: ie.kmm
# Resources	: -
# Preferences	: -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# ----- PRIVATE

_facebook{
$_faceass = substr($URL, 1, 23);
$_faceass == "http://www.facebook.com"? &IE_OpenPage:0;
# or instead you can use &IE_OpenURL
$_faceass == "http://www.facebook.com"? id(ID_CLOSE_TAcool smiley:0;
}

$OnLoad=$OnLoad."_facebook;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."Facebook;";

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 01:07PM by desga2.

Date: January 08, 2010 01:04PM

Thanks.......I like the URL autodetection...is there something I can download somewhere for this so when I open facebook it will automatically open in IE?

Date: January 08, 2010 01:30PM

I need to make clear, and apologize for not doing so to start...I want to have KM open facebook using IE. but NOT have it open IE itself...what I mean is...I want it to stay in KM and not open in an entire other browser.....I went to faceboook, right click on it, and clicked send to IE, and IE browser popped up. I don't want that. I want it to work "Within" KM but use the IE string.....how do I do this?

Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 08, 2010 04:13PM

do you mean the ie useragent? that's not a good idea, you shouldn't use the ie ua with a gecko browser..what makes you think facebook will work better with that string..it won't work and will probably cause a lot of disabled functions.. most trident-specific code is not understood by geckos

if you mean opening the page in ietab, you can install the ietab extension and send page to trident render/ietab, or you can use this string to desga's macro:
chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url=.$URL

this will cause the [facebook]page to reload in ietab.. not really security-smart thing. ietab is mostly used(either in km or firefox) to test websites or for very rare cases when sites are only coded for ie and do not work in other browsers and this is becoming less and less needed everyday... i don't think there are any more sites that uses trident-only code, even ie8 will not render those sites without its 'compatibility mode'
what exactly is your beef with km opening facebook?once the ua is changed to firefox, facebook functions exactly in kmeleon as in all other geckos..nothing more or less.

maybe you should consider flock.

Date: January 09, 2010 10:57AM

Problem solved....thanks so much.

Date: January 12, 2010 01:33AM

Disrupted....I thought about giving Flock a try, installed it, don't care for it...Problem is...It will NOT Uninstall. I've tried uninstalling it from Control Panel, and from Start>All Programs.....Nothing works. Any idea why? or any advice on how to get this browser off my system?? I have Googled around, and can't find anything on it.

Thanks
Dana

Posted by: slayer
Date: January 12, 2010 02:58AM

I have found this uninstall_flock_powerbook_g4
You could try the same installer Exe, in some programs the installer works as an installer, repair tool, and as an uninstaller too.

Date: January 17, 2010 03:59AM

My beef with KM opening Facebook is
1) Chat won't work
2) I can't type anything in the News Feed page and/or my profile page
3) The bar at the bottom of the page that shows bookmarks, etc...won't come up

I right click, and send to Trident, but that keeps crashing on me, and I have to keep going back to it until it "Takes", so to speak.
KM is much faster, but it blocks out so much that I need.
I wish there was a way when I open the site it would open Within KM, but use IE.

Date: January 17, 2010 03:26PM

facebook has recently changed its js, you need to use the latest agent switcher which will enable all those facebook features

lastest agent switcher can be downloaded from the same link

ietab causing crashes can be due to:
1-ietab not installed properly (reinstall the extension)
2- security settings in ie preventing ietab from functioning properly- check your internet zones
3- internet explorer messed up, test by opening ie itself and see if it works properly..if it doesn't then ie needs to be reinstalled

p.s kmeleon does not block anything. the problem is with those site developers who have blocked kmeleon..the fix:
1- send them a complaint and tell them their site is not working properly due to bad sniffers or deliberately blocking certain browsers
2- use a popular browser

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 03:30PM by disrupted.

Date: January 17, 2010 03:32PM

disrupted
facebook has recently changed its js, you need to use the latest agent switcher which will enable all those facebook features

lastest agent switcher can be downloaded from the same link

ietab causing crashes can be due to:
1-ietab not installed properly (reinstall the extension)
2- security settings in ie preventing ietab from functioning properly- check your internet zones
3- internet explorer messed up, test by opening ie itself and see if it works properly..if it doesn't then ie needs to be reinstalled

Thanks for helping me...I want to use KM for Facebook, but where can I get this lastest agent switcher you mention?? I assume this is what I need to use KM on Facebook since you said they changed there js. I've been right clicking the page, and sending it to Trident...that is what crashes on me. I have the IE Tab Unchecked. How can I use KM and "Everything" work on Facebook like it should???

Date: January 17, 2010 04:16PM

sorry, i thought you knew it

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/agentswitcherplus.7z

extract in k-meleon folder, you will need 7z.. if you don't have it http://7-zip.org
or use the kmeleon extensions manager to install it

restart kmeleon, click on tools>useragent>auto switcher( make sure it's enabled- by default it gets enabled)

browse to facebook and check if everything is working..it has been tested and everything works on facebook

but remeber this is not a fix because there isn't any problems with k-meleon..the problem is the idiots at facebook. if you want to make things work without any workarounds; you should contact those idiots and tell them they are idiots

Date: January 17, 2010 04:26PM

with the new string, the icons are not visible in that bar thing but they are all there and functional..you just have to click on them

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.