General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Help with Java/Privacy
Posted by: Suzanne
Date: September 28, 2001 08:08PM

I'm new to K-Meleon and trying to enable Javascript. I've downloaded Javasoft and moved the appropriate file into the plugin folder. When I try to set my Privacy option so that "Identify Browser as:" is set to default it does not save and so Java continues not to work. Can anyone help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help with Java/Privacy
Posted by: Andrew
Date: September 28, 2001 08:30PM

Suzanne,

I'm guessing that you are actually trying to enable Java. Javascript is a scripting language that is supported by K-Meleon and doesn't require any additional downloads. Although it shares the same name, they are actually 2 completely different things. Confusing, huh?

You shouldn't have to move any files into the plugin folder as K-Meleon will auto-detect the JRE installation. You don't need to change the "Identify Browser as" setting in the Privacy section. The default is "Default" even though it doesn't show up that way. I realize now that the documentation might make that a little confusing. I'll revise that to make it more clear.

See the following in the Release Notes about Java:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/relnotes05.php#install

Test with about:plugins to see if it is properly detecting your JRE installation.

If you still have questions, please e-mail me. My e-mail is available under Help - About K-Meleon.

Andrew Mutch

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.