: K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.
[quote=Jerry] Hi Disrupted: From information in the link at [forums.techarena.in], I checked for a CERT8.DB file, but there wasn't one anywhere in my K-Meleon tree. I uninstalled v1.5.4, and installed v1.5.3 and found that SSL works fine there. There is also a cert8.db file in the v1.5.3 in the \K-Meleon\Profiles\[unique].default folder, so I copied it to the similarly named folder in v.1.5.4, but still no joy. v1.5.3 also had a key3.db file which v.1.5.4 didn't have. I added it, but it didn't help. On your other suggestion: The three files cryptdll.dll, instsec.dll, secur32.dll were copied and registered, but produced this error message with each registration: "Cryptdll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found." I also tried putting copies of the three files in \k-meleon as well as \windows\system, but Still no SSL function with v1.5.4. The CHANGE LOG http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/findbug.php?summary=&description=&status%5B%5D=4&target%5B%5D=25&creator=&daterange=&moddays=&submit=Search for v1.5.4 doesn't seem to have dealt with any SSL problems specifically, but something sure changed after v1.5.3 that Win95 doesn't like. v.1.5.3 is probably just the end-of-the-line for Win95 users. I tried the BETA version of v.1.6.0a4, and it won't even begin to load. At least with v.1.5.4 the GUI would load, so it appears we're heading off in a new direction without backward compatibility. You may have to hit me over the head with a brick, but eventually I will see the handwriting on the wall. Thanks for all your help. You definitely get A+ for effort. Jerry[/quote]
K-Meleon forum is powered by