: K-Meleon Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions.
[quote=AmboyGuy] It appears that the Umlatts Macro was a problem. I just built a new macros.cfg and am testing it now. I read your response and tried again. The Translations Macro is working just fine. In the macros.cfg file that came with Hao's CCFb4 version had ' ? ' marks instead of the accented characters. It took me a couple of tries to get them to download & display properly. Umlautts Macro was: $word=gsub("?","%C3%A4",$word); $word=gsub("?","%C3%B6",$word); etc. Instead of $word=gsub("ä","%C3%A4",$word); $word=gsub("ö","%C3%B6",$word); etc. All the accented characters were missing, being relaced by an ASCII ' ? ' (%3F) I have finally locked down the character encoding and font display in k-meleon & my Programming Editor. I suspect that the file was edited and the system didn't support the accented characters (replacing with them with question marks) and then saved and never noticed again. The parentheses error was caused by me saving the file as an UTF-8 encoded file which generates some characters at the begining of the file and causes km to error message and not load [u]any[/u] macros. When saved as an ASCII file and the leading characters deleted there were no errors generated. I'm just now testing my new version of macros.cfg and everything appears to work correctly. I'm weeding out things I don't use and adding those I do from different versions of k-m. I notice that in Hao's code he commented out OpenSearch w/ Umlautts. He must have had the same problem and just did the search without Umlatts. Now I'm going to adjust my menus.cfg & toolbars.cfg to reflect macros.cfg changes and my personal tastes. I noticed that when k-m encounters a bad line it gives no line number or even the offending line as an error message. That would sure help narrowing down what's wrong. An 'include' directive to the Macro language would be nice. That way you could break out macros to small files and just " &include Search_Macros.cfg " or " &include Translate_Macro.cfg " Then if an error occurs parsing the file, printout the file name & line number so you know where the problem is at. Wishlist for K-Meleon v1.0 : Better error handling & an INCLUDE directive in the Macro Language. On the user.js file if it encounters an error it just aborts reading in the file, no indication of an error at all. ( It's a Mozilla GRE function so don't expect any fix ). I had one line with a mispelled user_pref ( user_perf ) and couldn't understand why none of the 30 or so preferences I was changing were taking effect. It took a couple of days to find that error.[/quote]
K-Meleon forum is powered by