Documentation - Customization - Disable Link Underlining
This page explains how to disable underlining of links in K-Meleon 0.7. This method also works with K-Meleon 0.6.
Links, except those controlled by Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), are normally underlined in K-Meleon. Some people prefer to view web pages with the link underlining turned off. You can disable underlining of links in K-Meleon.
Close K-Meleon before starting. If you are using the Loader, make sure that you exit that also.
1. Open Notepad or your favorite text editor.
2. K-Meleon's preferences are stored in a file called prefs.js. Prefs.js is normally located here:
Browse to this location and open prefs.js in Notepad.
3. Move your cursor to the end of the file and add the following line:
4. Save prefs.js and restart K-Meleon.
5. Browse to your favorite web site and enjoy viewing the links without them being underlined.
To re-enable underlining, either change the preference to true or simply delete the line from prefs.js.
Last updated: November 5, 2002