Documentation - Customization - Default Font Style
This page explains how to set the default font style used by K-Meleon 0.7. This method also works with K-Meleon 0.6.
K-Meleon supports two default font styles, serif and sans-serif. Normally, K-Meleon displays web page text using your system's default serif font. However. some people prefer to have web page text displayed with their system's default sans-serif font. Sans-serif fonts include Arial, Verdana and Helvetica.
Close K-Meleon before starting. If you are using the Loader, make sure that you exit that also.
1. Open Notepad or some other text editor.
2. K-Meleon's preferences are stored in a file called prefs.js. Prefs.js is normally located here:
Browse to this location and open prefs.js in Notepad.
3. Move your cursor to the end of the file and add the following line:
4. if you want, you can also specify the specific font that you want K-Meleon to use. Make sure to select a font that is installed on your system. Add this additional line including the name of the font that you wish to use:
5. Save prefs.js and restart K-Meleon.
6. Browse to your favorite web site and enjoy your new font style.
Note: Pages which use CSS to define font-styles may ignore the your font settings in displaying web page text.
Last updated: November 7, 2002