When browsing deviantArt on K-Meleon, I have found that it does not deallocate the memory for pages that I close. Try this:
* Go to any deviantArt gallery.
* Open a number of image pages in separate tabs.
* View the K-Meleon process in Task Manager, and note how much memory is used.
* Close the image pages, but leave K-Meleon open.
* View the process in Task Manager again - it should have about the same amount of memory allocated, despite the fact that the pages have been closed.
The memory is deallocated when K-Meleon itself is closed, but not when the tabs are closed, meaning that the longer a session is open the slower and more crash-prone it becomes. I've replicated the problem on other sites (specifically, the Houston Chronicle comics page - http://www.chron.com/comics,
) but it doesn't happen to as severe an extent.